Fedora 23 development is moving on and the time to release is not long anymore, so it is time to open the submission phase for Fedora 23 Supplemental Wallpapers.
What are supplemental wallpapers?
Supplemental wallpapers are the non-default wallpapers provided with Fedora. Usually Fedora ships GNOME upstream supplemental wallpapers. We try to collect a set for each release of Fedora and offer it as an option package. Wallpaper shipped with Fedora that is not the default wallpaper is called ‘supplemental’ wallpaper.
How to contribute to this package?
Fedora uses for the submission application Nuancier for managing the submissions and the voting process.
For an submission you need an Fedora account. For being allowed to vote, you must have a membership in another group as cla_done or cla_fpca.
For inspiration you can look to former submissions and winner wallpaper.
Here are some of the last election:
There is no limit how many contribution you are make but there are some rules
- Submitted wallpapers must use a format that can be read by software available in Fedora Package Collection. Preferred image formats is PNG.
- Originals for landscape formats must be a minimum of 1600 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high. The larger the better. Photographic submissions should be made at the highest resolution the camera is capable of.
- Submitted wallpapers should be provided in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio if possible.
- No watermarks, signatures, photographer or creator names, or messages may be included in any part of the work.
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes anothers rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
If your submissions include or derive from artwork created by other people, please make sure the license of the original work you incorporate is compatible with Fedora and that you are not violating any of the provisions of its license.
Make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.
- Submission should have the consent and approval of the author or creator
- Submissions are thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC-BY-SA unless another accepted approved liberal open source license.
See a list of approved licenses for Fedora.
Note that we can not accept NC or ND submissions.
The deadline for submissions is the September 12 2015 at 23:59 UTC.
The voting will open automatically after the deadline and is open until September 17 2015 at 23:59 UTC
You can earn badges for contributing. One badge for a accepted submission. Another one if your submission is under the selected ones and a third if you participate in the voting.
So get your camera and do some nice shots or start your favorite vector editor, 3D graphic editor or image manipulation program to produce some nice wallpaper for Fedora 23.