Wondering when Fedora 20 is going to be released? Jaroslav Reznik sent out an update today clarifying the current Fedora 20 schedule. Reznik says “the schedule is on track, we are Alpha frozen now” as of September 3rd.
Assuming all goes according to plan, the rest of the schedule for Fedora 20 looks like this:
- 19 September 2013: Alpha release for Fedora 20.
- 8 October 2013: Software Translation Deadline, Beta Change Deadline, Accepted Changes 100% Complete.
- 22 October 2013: Beta release for Fedora 20.
- 12 November 2013: Final Change Deadline.
- 26 November 2013: Fedora 20 Final Release.
If you want to keep closer tabs on the schedule (or help out!) you can find the detailed schedules on the wiki under Releases/20/Schedule.
Just switched from Windows to Fedora 🙂 great work, guys! cant wait until final release!
Luciano, Glad you are enjoying Fedora 🙂 It is one of the best distros and our community is one of the best I have ever seen!
I like Fedora 20 be the last of the “general purpose,” with F-21 branching to specific distros that go beyond “SPINS.” That could mean that there will be NON-FREE elements added to one or more! I hate it that I can’t play MP3s on Fedora natively, a “NON-FREE” Fedora-based distro would totally rule! i know of at least one like that, but none with the blessing of Fedora… That’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it! 😀