FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference, a major free software event held in various regions around the world, usually annually per region. FUDCon is a combination of sessions, talks, workshops, and hackfests in which contributors work on specific initiatives. Topics include infrastructure, feature development, community building, general management and governance, marketing, testing and QA, packaging, etc.
On this occasionÂ will celebrate in Cusco, Peru and will meet contributors of various Latam countries and some guests of others continents to discuss their ideas about the Fedora development in general.
This is the fifth edition of FUDCon in Latin America, previous editions were held in:
- FUDCon Latam 2009 â€“ Porto Alegre â€“ Brasil.
- FUDCon Latam 2010 â€“ Santiago de Chile â€“ Chile.
- FUDCon Latam 2011 â€“ Panama â€“ Panama.
- FUDCon Latam 2012 â€“ Valencia â€“ Venezuela.
The Cusco convention center is housed in the Palace of the city of Cusco, the building recalls the story of the first public building in the Spanish colony, the Prefecture of the Department during the Republic and the Municipality of the second half of the twentieth century.
- Thursday, September 26
- Starting at 9:00am – 5:00pm, Hackfests / Workshops. FPL State of Fedora.
- Friday, September 27
- 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Morning: Barcamp pitches. Later in the morning, for duration of day: Barcamp sessions. Hackfests/Workshops.
- Saturday, September 28
- 9:00am – 5:00pm, Barcamp Hackfests/Workshops.
- Sunday, August 26
- 9:00am – 5:00pm, Beach FUDpub. Bring your swimsuit!
You can view the full schedule of BarCamp sessions, workshops and talks, here
- Hosting Costs
Room type, Cost per night
Single from S /. 35.00 to S /. 40.00
Double room 2 beds, of S/.65.00 to S/.70.00
Double bed, of S/.65.00 to S/.70.00
Triple Room, from S/.100.00 to S/.120.00
Room type, Cost per night
Single, $ 60.00
2 Double beds, $ 70.00
Double bed, $ 70.00
Triple Room, $ 90.00
- Cost of Food
Description, Minimum Price, Maximum Price,
Breakfast, S /. 3.50, S /. 10.00
Lunch, S /. 3.50, S /. 10.00
Dinner, S /. 3.50, S /. 10.00
Description, minimum price
Lunch, S /. 40.00
Dinner, S /. 40.00
- Mobility Costs
Public transport, S /. 0.70
Taxi of S /. 3.00 to S /. 15.00
Cusco or Qosco, is a south east city of Peru located in the eastern slope of the Andes mountain range, in theÂ Huatanay river basin, Vilcanota affluent. Is the Cuzco Department capital, also is declared on the peruvian constitutionÂ as the historic capital of the country
Once was the Inca empire capital and is one of the cities most importants of Peru viceroyalty. Declared humanity patrimony in 1983 by the Unesco, usually is denominated,Â due at the great quantity of monuments that having, as â€œthe rome of Americaâ€
Detailed tourist information can be found here
Recomended Restaurants, Hotels and Travel Agencies
Restaurante Ima Sumaq
At the hotel
The hotel has a significant amount of parking and has told us they don’t believe there will be a problem accommodating some out of town drivers there.
There will be wireless ethernet available at the hotel and event location, thanks to Ruckus Wireless.
- Appropriately warm clothing
- Laptop with 802.11g wireless
- Extension cord
- Ethernet cable (for hotel and/or hackfest)
- Optional: Bring a Fedora Friend Finder (power strip)
- Credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or small amount of cash
- Your presentation slides or anything needed for the hackfest
- Passport/visa and any other official documentation needed
- Converters for power (reference link)